The A2A Simulations Community

"Come share your passion for flight"
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:17 pm 
Airman

I just purchased the AccuSim version of the B-17. I love it. Just like the other version.

After installing I tried to select the B-17 from the default start up Cessna and after just a few seconds I hear someone say that the oil pressure is low and the idle is to slow and all 4 engines shut down.

I then try to go through the start up procedure and I can get them to turn but not ever start.

I'm sure it's got to be something I'm doing.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:02 pm 
Master Sergeant

Have you tried selecting the B-17 directly from the Free Flight screen? Load it up via that method, then shut the engines off if they are running. Do an overhaul in the hangar (Shift+7) just to be certain you have a mechanically sound airplane. Check the fluids in the payload manager (Shift+4, I think) to be sure you're all topped off. Hit the Cold Start button in the Pilot's notes menu (Shift+2) so the systems are completely shut down. Now, save your mission just like this using either the menu bar (hit ALT key) or just the semi-colon key ( ; ). You don't have to make your B-17G the default flight if you don't want to.

Now exit the flight and go back to the Free Flight menu. Choose the Load button and then select your newly saved mission. Your plane should be fully shut down but in excellent condition; you might want to check the fluids and oxygen though. Start the aircraft however you wish, either manually or with the CNTRL+E for autostart.

I won't guarantee this will fix your problem, but I start all of my flights as cold and dark (even default aircraft) and I haven't yet had a problem like you've described.

120th Fighter Wing, Montana Air National Guard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:10 pm 
Master Sergeant

Also, make sure that if you are using AccuSim that you have the 'Enable auto-mixture' box unchecked (ie, disabled as a feature) in your FSX realism settings.

*You'll probably want to re-enable the automixture for most non-AccuSim aircraft or if you decide to turn the AccuSim program off for your B-17.

120th Fighter Wing, Montana Air National Guard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:32 pm 
Airman First Class

... and be sure to have your throttle at least up 20% when you start the engine(s). If you don't, you get the very problem that you describe.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:02 am 
Airman

Ok I found my problem. I'm using a CH USB Yoke and tried using the A2A config for that. I had the left and right throttle set for the Z axis on the yoke. What was happening was the right throttles would not operate. I disabled the settings in the config and everything is fine now.

Took my first flight last night. Very Nice!

Now I just have to get used to flying slow and low again. Yeah I know I can reach FL200 and above but I'm used to flying the Citation X and I'm generally between FL430 and FL450.

Big change.