"Come share your passion for flight"
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Please explain.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:49 pm 
Airman Basic

Hi!

My name is Henrik Parkman and I live in Sweden. I have been
Flying FS9 and FSX for the past four years and I have also around 75h on Vatsim. I have been totally unaware of this community, A2A and Accusim until today, when I through a Youtube video first heard about it. I have got very interested in this new kind of simulation cause of its highly detailed aircrafts and the fantastic realism added to it. But why I created this topic is because I want a clear picture of what it "really" is. Please explain. If I have understood it right A2A is the company that designs the aircrafts which you later on install into FSX for example. Accusim is like an addon for this aircraft which carries the "physical qualities" for the specific aircraft and how the aircraft behaves when it is beeing flewn. And all of this is operated either FSX or FS9. Have I got the right picture of it? Please correct me if I am wrong. :)

Kindest regards/ Henrik Parkman

Post subject: Re: Please explain.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:54 pm 
Senior Airman

Hi, welcome to the forum. Yes, your understanding is correct, although I'm pretty sure FS9 won't work with Accusim. Just look at some of the videos on the Accusimed aircraft here, Scott explains it very well in these. Fair warning though...don't expect to ever go back to the non-accusimed aircraft as they may not feel quite so "real" anymore :wink:

Steve

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:10 pm 
Senior Master Sergeant

These are only for FSX

Look Here B-17

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCLMgLB9Qlo

Spitfire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsgEiJoBxX0

P-47

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVk07IfPeLM

Piper Cub

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx6l7GMc2Ow

B377 Stratocruiser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeA0qxJ09YE

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:34 am 
Senior Airman

Hi Parkman, and welcome.

You guessed right, A2A provides planes for FS9 and FSX.
Accusim is an addon for some of the FSX planes, and ONLY the FSX planes. Accusim is not available for FS9.

When you make a flight with any plane in FS9 or FSX, whatever happens (if you break something or not), on the next flight you'll get a totally new plane, as if it was just out of the factory. With Accusim however, your plane will keep its status (engine wear, mainly) from a flight to another. That means that even if you leave the flight, kill the sim, shut down your computer etc.... the next time you create a flight with an Accusim plane, it will be exactely in the same state as it was last time you flew it. Your plane will really "accumulate" the flight hours and will get old and damaged depending on how you fly it. It makes the flight much more exciting, because you get a plane that will not have just stupid random failures, but failures caused by what you did in the previous flights, in the previous days etc....

Accusim also brings improved sounds and physics to a plane, as well as some new features, for example an animated passenger (Heidi) in the Cub, or the possibility to deleguate the handling of some systems to your crew in the B-17. All those things in the end are bringing a totally new level of immersion and realism. And yes, as said above, the only problem with Accusim is that it's quite difficult to enjoy non-accusimed planes afterwards :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:43 pm 
Master Sergeant

Hi,

Accusim mainly focuses on the engine at the moment, though with each new release they expand its capabilities (e.g. B377 introduced advanced engine behaviors, the P-47 added an enhanced sound pack of over 200 unique sounds for different aircraft parts and situations, the B-17 added dynamic crew, the Cub added the artificial intelligence behind Heidi as well as including new flight dynamics for the wings, and the Spitfire introduced an advanced engine model and new prop dynamics). Each release adds to the last, so you get everything that went before plus something new in each release.

In all aircraft there is a very detailed sound system that brings the aircraft to life with sounds that play depending on the situation (e.g. creaking due to g loads, wind noises based on slip angle, physics effects such as the cockpit door moving around due to g on the Cub, etc...). There is a bunch of stuff I missed - get all of them and try for yourself!! :D

With each new release, it just gets better and better!!! You really won't want to fly anything else afterwards.

The B377, whilst the first (I think??) to be Accusim'd, is still excellent. I actually fly it more than anything else in terms of hours, though they all get regular use!

Best regards,
Robin.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:43 pm 
Technical Sergeant

VulcanB2 wrote:
the Cub added the artificial intelligence behind Heidi as well as including new flight dynamics for the wings

Don't forget about the excellent float plane physics (including a usable oar for engine-off maneuvering) that have no equivalent on the market.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:02 pm 
A2A Chief Pilot

Parkman wrote:
Hi!

My name is Henrik Parkman and I live in Sweden. I have been
Flying FS9 and FSX for the past four years and I have also around 75h on Vatsim. I have been totally unaware of this community, A2A and Accusim until today, when I through a Youtube video first heard about it. I have got very interested in this new kind of simulation cause of its highly detailed aircrafts and the fantastic realism added to it. But why I created this topic is because I want a clear picture of what it "really" is. Please explain. If I have understood it right A2A is the company that designs the aircrafts which you later on install into FSX for example. Accusim is like an addon for this aircraft which carries the "physical qualities" for the specific aircraft and how the aircraft behaves when it is beeing flewn. And all of this is operated either FSX or FS9. Have I got the right picture of it? Please correct me if I am wrong. :)

You are basically correct with the caveat that Accusim is even more than this.

The way I explain Accusim to people is that when you fly an Accusimmed aircraft in FSX, the aircraft you are flying is simply using FSX as a world for you to fly in. The aircraft itself is as unique in FSX as a real aircraft would be in a real world.

Accusim brings something with it into FSX that wasn't there without Accusim. That "something" can be summed up in a single word, unpredictability. With Accusim, instead of knowing beforehand how your aircraft is going to react or behave, you are now forced to act as a pilot not as a "gamer". Do something wrong with your aircraft or forget to do something right and instead of the aircraft flying on with your error unnoticed, there might now be a penalty to pay as Accusim recognizes your skill level or lack of same and presents you with a problem you will then have to deal with; in other words, use bad pilot skill and Accusim might just have you for breakfast :-)
Accusim uses the atmosphere and it's physics and pairs that with the actual physics unique to a specific aircraft, engine, and aircraft engine combination and marries all that physics into a performance package unique to the A2A aircraft you are flying.

Accusim produces accurate behavior and incredible depth of fidelity into your aircraft causing YOU as the pilot to deal with it just as you would if the airplane was real.
Without Accusim, you can jump into the airplane and take off. Nothing will go wrong. You are virtually indestructible complements of Microsoft.
Jump into an Accusimmed aircraft and rush into the air without following proper procedure and you might end up in a farmers field complements of Accusim and A2A :-)

Bottom line is that if you want to fly, use FSX. If you want to to fly right, use FSX with Accusim.
I can sum it all up for you and the entire flight simulation community in three words,
Accusim changes EVERYTHING!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:57 pm 
Master Sergeant

Jigsaw wrote:
VulcanB2 wrote:
the Cub added the artificial intelligence behind Heidi as well as including new flight dynamics for the wings

Don't forget about the excellent float plane physics (including a usable oar for engine-off maneuvering) that have no equivalent on the market.

VulcanB2 wrote:
There is a bunch of stuff I missed

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I second everything Dudley wrote. He summarized it brilliantly.

Best regards,
Robin.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:49 am 
Technical Sergeant

VulcanB2 wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

It just had to be mentioned, despite your disclaimer! ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:42 pm 
Airman Basic

Hi and thank you all for your help. I now know what A2A and Accusim is all about and it seem to suit me just fine since I want it as realistic as possible. During this reply another question hit me. Will there be any more A2A airplanes coming shortly? :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:10 pm 
A2A Mechanic

A2A are constantly working on developing more aircraft (A/C) and improving the A/C that they currently have in their hangar.

Just to satisfy the appetite of people like you and me, and a plethora (I love that word, and I find it soooo hard to fit it into an everyday sentence) of others, the following A/C are billed to make an appearance in the future:

P51
P40
F104
F4
Spitfire Mk V *tips hat to Darryl*

And that's just from the top of my empty head.... It's going to be a good time to be a flight-simmer :)

Best regards
Matt

i7 2600K, 8GB Vengeance RAM, Asus P67, GTX 580.

Last edited by mattgn on Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:07 pm 
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania
Matt,

+ Spitfire Mk V.

Darryl

Image Image Image